Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Like a ton of bricks

So the other night we watched a Rod Stewart concert on TV. Yes, I know it sounds odd but we get one channel in English besides the news. He was extremely tame and not what I remember him being when I was younger. Anyway, he introduced this young girl to come and sing with him. It was her huge break because she was just discovered a few weeks before while singing in the rail station (or something like that). Well, for the last week I have had the song in my head-I think Rita Coolidge used to sing it. I only know a bit of it so I sound like a broken record when I sing it.
Then, last night, I am lying in bed, thinking of how lucky this gal was to have been given a new look on life-she can buy things, not worry about paying the rent anymore, etc. I started to daydream about my life being so fortunate. All of a sudden, the Lord just spoke to my heart and reminded me that I have this fortune! And mine isn't temporary. Mine is eternal! Wow!!!! Hit me like a ton of bricks. Here I am getting all wrapped up in the "what ifs" and I am failing to realize ALL that I have already! And, noone can take it away from me. No misfortune will keep me from my great gift!
How many times do we forget what we have?! So easy to just look around, read about what others are doing and how good they have it and wish we could have the same. But, we have far greater than any man could offer us. We have Jesus, we have the hope of our salvation. We have eternal life and the reminder that we will live for eternity with the King of Kings!

I want to be reminded of this always.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Wow! That is a wonderful thought analogy! You are so right and good to me reminded of!

BTW thanks for you sweet comments on my blogs - that's how I tracked you back to yours. I will be stopping back again!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home