Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Reenlisting

Guess you might be wondering about that title LOL. Didn't know I was in the armed forces now did ya :) Well, not really in the way that some think, but spiritually thinking, I am one of the Lord's soldiers-so He reminded me these last couple of days.


I remember when our pastor in the states asked DH to pray about moving to Hungary and pastoring the church here-he asked nothing except that we make a 2 year commitment. Here we are almost 7 years later and our time here is about over. Thankfully we are at a point where we can turn the church over to a national and move on to the next place.

The next place....hmmmm.....where could that be? Well, for many reasons, my health, finances, family, I had thought that it would be in our best interest to put the word out that we were looking for some place in the states. I had even thought about not returning to southern CA and maybe the east coast. But last May, we were asked to pray about moving to Italy and DH pastor a church there. I know, I know....who wouldn't want to move to Italy right!! And yes, I have been there many times and it is everything wonderful you might imagine and more. But it's one thing to think it would be neat to live in a place and then a totally different thing to know you are being called there to do the work of the ministry. I feel like Paul going to the synagogues to preach Jesus. A lot of praying and seeking the Lord and now it seems as though that is where we are heading sometime this summer.

But... our first grandchild is to be born in May, my bones are brittle, our kids and family miss us, we miss them. Yet, this is what the Lord is showing us. Yesterday He spoke ever so softly to me, giving me analogies of the soldier. There are many a soldier who have never even seen their own children born, or been able to be by a dying relative or friend's side because they are out on the battlefield. We too, are on the battlefield. All of us as His children are serving somewhere-some on the home front, some called to be "deployed" somewhere distant. Yet all of us are in the service together. This morning I thought about reservists and how they don't always think they will be called up into active duty-it wasn't in the plan at the time, but we are to be ready when we are called upon to go and serve-whether it's in our own home, 1 mile away, or thousands of miles away. I thought about the soldier and how he obeys those over him and he wouldn't argue with them about what he was told to do or where he was told to go. I want to remember that I serve the Lord, that He has placed this call upon our lives for this time and we will gladly answer Him and trust Him every step of the way. He is Lord! He chooses where and how to use us and I don't want to miss out on what He has in store for us because I am afraid or because I long for home. He will comfort us in times of lonliness and fear. I couldn't help but be humbled by the thought today that He even desires to show me such things! He doesn't just say Go-He is so gentle and kind and helps us along the way.

I made a LO about it-Shabby Miss Jenn had a little gift on her blog and I forced myself to do the challenge. Of course that means I have to upload it to the gallery----not my favorite thing to do because I am not a great scrapper for all to see :) Oh well, I just have to do it LOL

Have a wonderful day!

Made with Shabby Miss Jenn's Weeds and Daisies kitSMJ's freebie, Janet Phillip's photo mat template, Jess Gordon's curled and torn paper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home