Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Celebrating 18 yrs

of marriage that is :) Gee I can't seem to remember when I turned 18 yrs old. Yes, 18 years ago I married my dearest friend. Still in love after these 18 years and will continue to be :) The last two years we have been apart on our anniversary. Jim had to fly back to America both times for a funeral. Needless to say I had some reservations about this January. I kept wondering if we would get a phone call. But, fortunately, all is well and we were able to be together all day.

I spent some time the past few days gallery gazing. There are so many talented women out there making gorgeous scrap pages. It's amazing! I realize that I must get a new camera this summer. Hopefully when I return to CA we can find one for a good deal. We were given our first digital when we were moving to Hungary and are very thankful for it. But, since then it is duct-taped where the batteries are held and it only has 2 megapixels and I don't think it really has an optical zoon. I have looked at the Canon S1 IS and would LOVE to have that one. It seems light enough to carry around plus it has the 10x zoom.

I mentioned about wanting to get a new printer, well, now the want has become a need. We had a power outage the other day and kaput went my converter. So I think we will go ahead and get the 3 in 1 so that I can scan our old photos. I really want to scrap my daughter's pictures from when she was little. She was the most photogenic child! I hate that they just sit in a box. Seems so useless. Hopefully they will scan nicely.

We had our women's study tonight. It was really good. We are studying the book "Experiencing God". They had the book in Hungarian already so that was a huge plus. It's so hard and time consuming to have everything translated. We went over a part where we looked at Abraham and how God asked him to take Isaac to Mt Mariah. I can't even imagine such a thing being asked of me with my child. Abraham had to trust in God so much. I wonder what Isaac was thinking as they took the journey. So many people think he was a baby and didn't know what was going on. But, he was a youth. Just amazing to think about! I want so much to trust God and be so willing to obey whatever it is He wants me to do at all cost. What can compare to Him? Nothing! When the time comes though, I am not so eager and forget how zealous I once was. Praise God He is merciful and full of grace! Oh how we need it!

Hope your day is blessed and filled with joy :)
Here's a LO I made for my husband for our anniversary.



1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I like the LO. The "everyday" love is so true. Such a good reminder that it's not just those "special" moments but it is the everyday stuff that makes love grow stronger!

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home