Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, February 13, 2006

American Dream

I changed the video today. The last time we were in America we were given free tickets to a 3 day concert event. It was Spirit West Coast and the host from KLove gave us 3 tickets for all 3 days. it was so awesome!

Since we hadn't been in CA for 2 years, or anywhere in the states for that matter, we weren't up to date on all the new Christian music and groups. So, the first night we went the group Casting Crowns was playing. They rocked! I couldn't believe how good they were. Their lyrics are so amazing. Of course I had to get the CD so I could learn every song!!
The one song is called American Dream. I thought it was just so thought provoking. The words are so good and yet sadly, so true in many a life. It's about a guy chasing down the American dream by working all the time and thinking he is doing his family a favor by making lots of money so they can have lots of things. In the meantime, he is slowly slipping away from his family because he is too busy working and misses so many of his kids events and can't find time to be with them. It's so sad that this is so true.

I got a couple layouts scrapped the past few days. It's been fun. Maybe I will post them tomorrow if I remember. It doesn't seem like that part of Blogger is working right now. I can't wait until tomorrow when Shabby Princess has her grand re-opening! I have not put anything on my credit card and I am just waiting oh so patiently to go there and shop!! I saw her previews of some of the kits and I want almost every one of them!!! Can't have them all though. I will have to limit myself to a few. If you haven't gone there yet, run on over!! I think everyone must have heard about it by now though.

We are returning to CA in May. It is coming upon us so quickly. No tickets yet. We are praying for great fares even though it is May. It is so darn expensive to fly from Hungary. I am so excited because I haven't been back to the states in two years. I miss everyone so much! Plus, I need some girlfriend time with my friends. I want to meet at Starbucks and Cold Stone, the mall, all the fun things I haven't been able to do in sooooo long!! Not that going to Sicily and Austria weren't fun, but just not the same. Plus, I think my one friend and I are going to take a trip to WA. That will be one exciting trip!!

Gotta go make some dinner now.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

I LOVE Casting Crowns!!! I mostly listen to Christian music.

I added you to my BlogRoll! So I'll be back. :)

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home