Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, February 03, 2006

It's Friday :)

Friday afternoons my friend and I go to the women's shelter and do crafts with the kids. It's a lot of fun for us and them too. I brought a bunch of rubber stamps and paper scraps and they went to town making stuff. You can't buy these things here so it is always quite a treat for them. It's always bittersweet going there because you can become close to the kids and then they are gone the next time you arrive. Some have been there for so long though. It's a whole new concept here to have a shelter like this. The Director was telling me a couple years ago that not many women come because it is just not heard of to go to such a place. Many women don't even know they exist. Hopefully that will change in the near future and those that need the help will go.

Afterwards, I went to Becki's crop over at SBB. We actually had to have a sketch done by the time the chat was done. My goodness! I should have just forgone the freebie and chatted. I am not one who can scrap very well let alone have it finished in 1 hour or less! Gosh, it took me so long just to find a photo. It's so funny because if you were to see the LO you would probably think it took all of about 5 minutes. Oh no, not with this girl! I just don't have great creativity. But, it doesn't stop me and I love to do the scrapping.

My daughter and husband are at youth group right now so it's so quiet in the house it's almost eerie. The only light on is from my computer so it's double eerie. Utilities here are so expensive so we are frugal when it comes to electricity. I am not being frugal right now with the heat though LOL. I have it up to 22 because it so freezing in here. I'll have to run over and lower it right about the time they are due home:) My hands are freezing!!! I have to get some iron pills I know. I had to go to the hospital in Oct and they said I was anemic. Someone gave me some iron, but they got lost somewhere-who knows where. Getting medicine over here can be such a nightmare though so I will get some in the states this summer. Take my word....you will never want to go to a hospital here. It's outrageous! I think I will share the stories with you tomorrow. I'm quite tired now and it's 9:24pm which means my brain is functioning at a lesser percentage than normal, which isn't hard :)

Tomorrow, tomorrow... big morning for my DH. He has to meet with someone who has been less than cooperative. Good thing it is him meeting with him because I just assume let the guy be out of our lives and go cause problems somewhere else. I don't have a kind heart like my DH when it comes to things like this. Plus, I can't be sensible and calm. I can be so emotional about things and just make it worse. Not always good as a pastor's wife so I have to avoid those types of things !!

You may have noticed if you have been to my Blog before, but I took off my photo. I just got the creeps when I came to the page and there it was. I hear all these horror hacker stories or creepy stories and decided I would put up something else. We'll see if I get a new one or not. I have got to take more photos soon.

Ok-until tomorrow! Have a blessed day and....
Shine on :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home