Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, January 20, 2006

Still feeling blah but getting through it with God's help.

That being said, it is good to know that in our lives one thing never changes and that is the Lord. Through all the ups and downs in our lives, the emotions that vary day to day, the day to day grind -He is the same yesterday, today and forever. His Word never changes and His love never changes.

I am going through a hard homesick period right now. I was reading Laura's blog the other day and they were sad about not being able to be home when one of their family members was having their new baby and it just ended up flooding my emotions. So many family events we have missed over the last 5 years. Weddings, graduations, Christmas celebrations, and other things. Also, funerals. This past week marked the one year anniversary of our really good friend dying. It was a total shock and and only my husband could fly back for the funeral. A few months later another close friend's young son died in a freak accident. The year before my husband's Nana died and again, only he could go back to the funeral. It seems strange maybe, but not to grieve with those you love really can affect you. And if you are reading this you may think -well, you guys chose this life and this is the reality of it. Yes, that is true. But it still doesn't mean that it's easy. There are costs involved in all of our lives and decisions we make.

The other week I was writing about betrayal. I am really trying to let God see me through this event. He showed me on Sunday just a teeny glimpse of what it must have been like for Him at the Last Supper. Sitting there with Judas, knowing what he was about to do and yet Jesus didn't let Judas's actions dissuade Him from His tasks. Isn't that how He wants us to be?! Yes, there are going to be people in our lives that seek to distract us with their pettiness, their attitudes. But, it is a part of life. We are not responsible for what they do. Yet, we are responsible for our reactions. I am responsible for the way I respond to this person. It's easy to become so caught up in other people's actions that we forget about what we are doing. The Holy Spirit gently nudges and says-hey what about you-where are you at right now? Hmmm, good question. We can be like David and just ask the Lord to search our hearts-to show us what is unclean and He will. But He doesn't just leave it at that. It's not like God is someone that has this huge stick and just pokes people with it and is all mean and says hey-shape up .

Why do people portray God like that? Why don't people understand we serve a loving, kind and forgiving God? Yes, He is Just and yes, the wicked will be destroyed and sin will be punished-but sometimes do you think it's like the teenager whose parents say-No you cannot hang with that crowd because it will lead to trouble. Next thing you know, the teen thinks his parents are the worst and so unfair. The Bible gives us the outline for our lives. And people read it (or think they know what's in it) and make the decision that God is unfair and oh so mean. Well, not the God I serve!
On another note....
Haven't decided yet about whether or not to keep this blog and also the whole posting layout thing. Why I get discouraged I don't know. But, I don't feel like going there right now :)
I will leave you with this (if anyone is reading this)
I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber (isn't that amazing!!!!)
Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.
Psalm 121
Be encouraged in Him today!

3 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Ah! One of my all time favorite chapters of the bible! In fact, the very first bible verses that I ever memorized. Thanks for posting them - very uplifting!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Ginger Thibodeau said...

Very inspirational!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Thanks! I was encouraged by your post. I read a little today and will come back to read a little more. It's good to read the stuff you're writing. You are being real and that's important! Thanks for sharing from your heart. Lately I'm not sure what my heart is feeling but I know that my relationship with Christ is not based on feelings and that is comforting to me! Have a blessed day!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home