Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Joy List

I am going to do this Joy List that I found on the Eggers website. Pretty cool idea I think. Gets us to think of good things! Ooh-I feel like Martha Stewart a little bit with this "good thing" talk :)

well, just decided while starting to write that I am going to make a lo with this. I think I would like to have it as a reminder :)

I am on a road to forgiveness right now. Did you ever have to forgive someone of something really difficult? And I mean really forgive. This is going to be one of those times for me. Honestly, I haven't really travelled much down this road before. People do things and usually they are little enough or meaningless enough to just forget about it. But when it's big like this it's so hard. First I believe that I have to want to forgive this person. How can I go any further if I truely in my heart do not want to forgive this person? I have to ask God to even have the desire to forgive and not to hold onto the pain and anguish.

It's times like this my faith is so tested. Do I believe God's Word? Do I believe it and obey it or just read it and tell everyone else what they should do according to His Word? When I ask God to forgive me do I want to be forgiven? Of course I do!! I don't want Him to wait until He thinks I am worthy-I will never be worthy! Why is there a part of our nature that loves to hold onto unforgiveness? Does it make us feel superior over the other person? Does it make me feel like I am in control of the situation and that I hold all the cards in my hands? I just don't know. I just know that in my heart this MUST be dealt with. In Hebrews it says not to let a root of bitterness take root in our heart because it will defile many. Unforgiveness leads to bitterness and that bitterness can and will destroy many around us.

How did Jesus hang on the cross, look out at the crowd mocking Him, throwing things at Him, spitting upon Him and yet, in such amazing humility cry out-Father forgive them??


On a lighter note, my husband is in Germany right now and had the nerve to tell me he went out for a steak the other night! Ha-life is so tough for him lol :) We don't get steak here at all. Anytime we try to buy something similar it about breaks my jaw in half trying to chew the meat. 4 more months and we will be visiting in America again and I will be sure to have a steak! Last time we were back there we ate so much of it that I didn't want to look at it for so long :) Are we ever happy :)

ok-I will go work on my Joy List lo and see how much progress I make today!

Shine on! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Melissa~ said...

Did I mention before how grateful I am that I found your blog? I can so relate to many things.... especially the forgiveness. It can be so hard when someone you care about hurts you. I think it's even harder to forgive those people because you don't expect to be treated that way. Anyway... I don't know exactly what's happened to you but I do understand hurt and forgiveness. Will be praying for you!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home