Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Busy busy

The past few days have been so busy for us. Physically doing things as well as emotionally draining at times. There is always another trial or crisis to deal with in my husband's position and we have to be sure to deal with these things with the right heart attitude. Not all that easy I tell you! And of course as others learn of the things going on, all eyes are on you and your family to see if you are handling the situation the right way, or the way others think you should. Our lives are constantly under a microscope. Without God's grace and mercy, I could never bring myself to do anything or to even continue on in the things He has called us to. It's just so overwhelming at times. Thankfully, He equips those He calls and we can yield to Him in all things. It's when we react in our own way and neglect to seek His wisdom first that we fail and can cause greater harm.

I am comforted when I read Psalm 56:8 and how God preserves our tears in a bottle. They are precious to Him. Why? I really don't know. Maybe as a Mom we can relate to when someone hurts our child and they come home to us crying and just so crushed. I remember times when I would pick my daughter up from school and she was crushed by the things some kids would say to her. Mind you, she even went to a Christian school. And because she is adopted, because she is part black, they would call her names and tell her they would beat her up-yes, many years ago and I can still vividly remember these things. She had such an innocence about her and couldn't understand at all why the kids didn't like her and why they wouldn't want to be her friend. Her tears were so precious to me then. It's hard to explain it in words, but I think you understand what I mean. Picture how we pick our kids up and put them on our lap and comfort them. And our God is so much more than that! He loves us even more than we can love our kids and cares about us so deeply. When people hurt us for no reason or try to wreak havoc in our lives just because of their own selfishness it can make us cry and have a lack of understanding as to why. And we go to God and maybe there isn't always going to be an answer but He love us and takes concern over our heartache and our tears.

I need to remember the lesson the Lord taught me from one such incident with my daughter. A classmate made some horrible comment about her skin color and as her Mom I was ready to just go off on him and who knows what. But, in her sweet way, after she finishes crying she says, but guess what Mom-I got to put into practice the memory verse we learned. Her verse was from Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you." Ok-once again, it's amazing how God uses our children to teach us!

I volunteered to make wedding invitations for a gal who's getting married in July. She is from Romania and basically doesn't have parents. She doesn't have money at all so I am trying to help with whatever I can. Please pray that I can do a good job on these and it will be a blessing for her. I am not creative on my own, but as I plan women's conferences and stuff I am always amazed at what the Lord does through me. I also thought about making those candy wrappers with their names and wedding date as a wedding favor. I have to check the internet and see if I find any ideas. I made some for our Christmas Tea this year and they were a huge hit! Hopefully it will go well. If anyone has ever done this with digital papers and printed it out, please tell me how it turned out. I used some regular paper that people sent me when I made our Christmas ones. I can't imagine the digital wouldn't turn out nicely. We have just a normal printer though-nothing fancy so I will have to try it out for the quality when printing. Anyone with ideas, please, please feel free to send them my way. You can even email me.

I know-I wrote a book today...sorry, hope your eyes aren't sore :)

Have a blessed day:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home