Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, February 21, 2006


Well, we received an email from the Warden today. Since we are Americans living in a foreign country we always get updated warnings when there may be a threat. Usually they are warning us about ter*r*orists threats and telling us to move our routine around. Yes, believe me, I shuddered the first time I received one of these! But, this time it wasn't about that-it was that they have found the bird flu in Hungary. In our county!! So, guess who will not be buying any poultry products for awhile!! So, beef is out, poultry is out, what is left for us to eat????? Guess we will stick to the pork. Atleast til they come up with something new about that.
It's really gross though because I go to the outdoor market twice a week and get my produce and my other finds (see some photos below) and there are little old ladies who sell pieces of chicken in bags. I always get my eggs from this one cute lady and my daughter and I just crack up because she always has some other stuff for sale that we are afraid to even ask what it is. But we just tell her no, just eggs today! Can you imagine that some of these people might get a hold of some sick chickens?? Maybe I am just paranoid. After all, it was found in swans so maybe they can do something quickly that it won't be a big problem. Oh well, we will have to wait and see what they say next!!

Had our women's bible study tonight. It's always good-the Lord always teaches us new things and we are encouraged to know Him more. We were talking about fighting the good fight. Being in the Lord's army. I thought about how would it be in life -in real combat if a soldier decided to quit because he thought the other soldier didn't like him, or gave him a bad look, or some other silly thing that we as Christians get all heated up about. I know people who don't go to church anymore because someone looked at them the wrong way, or atleast they thought they did! Imagine what our military would look like if we had those kind of people serving! I think we need to get over ourselves and start thinking more about what matters. We tend to let the petty things in life bother us more than they ought and then we find ourselves emotionally drained which can lead to being physically drained. Then, we are basically incapable of being used for much. I really believe that God is calling His people to stand up-to know what they believe and not waiver from the truth. I look around and see so much compromise these days-and yes, even in my own life. I see how easy it is to let a bit of this, a little of that. A tv show I would never have watched years ago now seems ok-just because I live in a country where it's limited English channels so the ones that come on in English are ones I never watched before. But now, oh well, it's the only thing in English. And on the surface, it does no harm, but do you see how we compromise. There's a scripture that says-A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands. But, praise God for His grace and mercy! Thankfully He tugs at us and reminds us of what is important and helps us to regain our right focus. We serve an amazing God!!

Did a scrap page today. I was actually quite happy about it. I found a template for square by Beverly Lee over at Rak Scraps and filled it in with Holly's kit papers. I bought the kit at Shabby Princess. I think it is only for sale over there. But it's a great kit and I had fun filling in the squares. I think that more designers or whoever should come up with these type of templates. They are so much fun for people like me who really struggle with ideas at times. But, I did look around at different sketches so I think I will make do with them for now. It's so hard for me to come up with layout ideas. Thankfully there are so many talented people to help out!!

I have to get to sleep now-it's going on 11:30pm my time and I am exhausted!

Here's the Proverb for today:

To do righteousness and justice
Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice
Proverbs 21:3

Here's my lo of my cutey nephew -Holly's For The Boys Kit

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Margie, I have just been lovin' your blog! I love what you said about God calling His people to stand up and know what they believe and to stand up for that truth. I have been seeing that, too! Keep up the great work!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home