Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Heartbreak

Today has been a tough day! This morning I rec'd an email from my daughter with the subject line 'crying'. Nothing like your heart breaking in two being so far away and not able to give her a great big hug! Ugh, sometimes it's rough!!!
It' s kind of cute though because I could see 3 emails in a row from her in the span of about 1/2 hour. The first was how badly she wants to come back to Hungary to be with her dad and me. Then, her phone broke so she was saying I can't call her. By the third one, she was ok again!! So many adjustments she has to make in a short time. It's been 5 years of homeschooling because she wasn't allowed in the Hungarian schools, no real friends her own age, and close quarters living with us here. Now, she has to adjust to college, teachers, and of course living in a dorm full of girls!! LOL !!!! Boy oh boy are those days fun!!!!
It's a time to truely trust the Lord even amidst the tears. I had a really good cry a bit ago and sent her a few e-cards. It hard being so far away from my beautiful little girl!

It's interesting though because today I was preparing my bible study and the questions were about the cost of obeying God. Not just the cost to us, but to others around us-including our families. Families can suffer in a way because they are apart but God has promised that He will take care of all of our needs. He is ever faithful and all-knowing. I just don't know how I would get through things without the truth of His Word. It brings such comfort and hope!!

On another note, almost a year ago we went through a difficult time with a person in the church. Eventually they left the fellowship and said a lot of mean things about the church and my husband. Well, now he has asked to return! WOW!!!! I have learned so much in the last week about my heart and forgiveness!! I am actually excited to see what the Lord will do. DH is actually meeting with him as I write this. My heart is overjoyed that the Lord can truely restore and not only in this person's heart, but really through the trial has taught me about forgiving-really forgiving-not just pretending. I have to keep in prayer so that if and when the time comes that he and his family will return I will truely be gracious in my heart!

No lo's today. I have made a couple but they are with my friends photos and I don't want to put them on the internet! I did upgrade to PSPX and I am thrilled about it! I also bought Michelle Pearson's actions for PSP. They are awesome! I only could get one so far, but I am hoping to get more next month. You should check them out! She also has them for Photoshop. But, I am thrilled that these are available for PSP. It seems so much is out there for Photoshop and not PSP.

Ok-gotta run-----dishes are calling :)
Blessed be the Name of the Lord!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynds said...

That is truly amazing about the man returning to the church. My heartaches just reading about your daughter, that would be so hard to be away from your family, especially such a great distance. Even when things seem hard or lonely, there is always encouragement and comfort to find within the word, and I love how you and your family do find it. I pray for my children to keep a close relationship with God, as they grow and live on their own one day.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home