Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Delayed

Yep, that's what my husband is tonight-delayed in New York. He is stuck at the airport there and they don't even give him a voucher for a hotel. He has to spend 13 hours at JFK. What a wonderful welcome to the states after all this time!! He was delayed by Customs or something for 2 hours while they quizzed him. Who knows what for-it's just ridiculous that they did that for such a long time and made him miss his connection and lost his luggage for awhile and then found it. I totally understand security and questioning but 2 hours when he has travelled back and forth for so many years and has all the right paperwork, etc. Then, not to give any food or hotel voucher is just beyond my comprehension!!! I am really upset about this -mostly because my husband is just so deserving of a rest and just gives 110% of his life for others and now this-ok-so he will be here tomorrow morning and I am glad!! He should be with us around noon and it will be good to see him.
I am just such an emotional wreck lately. It's so hard to adjust to being here. I was telling my friend that it is like trying to live in a world that you don't really belong in right now. Everything is so different and people and time just continue on and I am still stuck in the way things were when I left CA. I just about broke down in tears at Ross yesterday because everything just got to me. It's all so big, so many questions, I can't remember how to use the ATM machines the right way and to check out at the stores is so different than when I lived here. I think the jet lag is just making everything more difficult to handle. Thank God for His grace and that He never changes!!! Something that we can depend on always!!!
I am going nuts not being able to scrapbook!! I have to wait for my daughter's laptop and then hope it has enough memory on it to do some things. My Mom wants me to teach her digi scrapping so that will be fun. She has dial-up though so it's going to be weird with her downloading when I am so used to my DSL.

Well, just wanted to update a bit-please be praying for our family if you think of it. It's been a couple years since being here so we need to adjust our ways and it's not as easy as I thought. We leave for our family cruise on Sunday and it's going to be a blast! ! I can't wait-just relax and eat :)
Blessings to you and may the love of Jesus fill your hearts:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mechelle said...

Aw hun! I'm sorry to hear about your husbands delays. :) I don't know why they did it but rest assured that God will use it to His glory somehow and who knows how many people your husband will get to talk to while having nothing to do but wait. I pray that God will give him the rest he needs.
I can only imagine how hard things are for you after being gone~ Things in America change so fast that even I get lost and I live here~ LOL I pray God will give you the strength you need. Just remember that when we are feeling the weakest is when God shows up for us so you can count on Him to bring you His peace.
Bless you hun I'm sure you will have a wonderful time on your Cruise!
((Hugs)) Mechelle

5:19 PM  
Blogger ~Melissa~ said...

Hey Margie~
Despite all the differing emotions, I bet it was wonderful to embrace your family with hugs! Praying you have a wonderful time on your cruise and that it'll help you to relax and allow a little bit of adjustment time. Sorry to hear about the troubles at the airport with your hubby... hopefully he was able to get home without any further problems. Praying that God will give you rest while in the states!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lynds said...

I'm sorry your husband was delayed. :( I can hear the heartache and frusteration with your words. What a blessed husband to have a wife who cares so deeply for him, I hope there are no more delays for his arrival to you. Amen to God never changing, what a wonderful truth! I hope you have a great time on your cruise, and enjoy being with your family. Thinking and praying of you & yours.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home