Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


Today was bittersweet as we celebrated Mother's Day but also my daughter's last Sunday in Hungary. The church had a big party for her and it was beautiful. Of course we were all in tears...the kids got up and sang in English a song by Michael W Smith "A Lifetime's Not Too Long To Live As Friends". That was just too much for me to handle and I about lost it. Marla did because it was just so moving to hear the kids sing to her in English. Then the whole congregation sang the chorus in Hungarian and wow-it was as if they knew the song all their lives. One of the gals in the church surprised us and translated it and taught it to the kids and then wrote the Hungarian words on a transparency so the others could follow along. What a day!! I didn't know it would hit me so hard but it did! First of all I woke up and realized it will be our last Mother's Day together for a long time! That was hard! Then, just as we reflected on all the Lord has done in her life since being here and her heart to serve Him-I realized a chapter in our lives is over now. Ok-I am going to stop now because I am bawling like a baby and can't read my typing!
So, we pack away feverously tomorrow-of course I want to scrap some of the photos from today---maybe I will and someone will miraculously come to my house and finish cleaning and packing for me LOL

Hope you all had a blessed and very happy Mother's Day~!

Mother's Day card made with Laura Apuluche's Sweet Elise kit

1 Comments:

Blogger Daly said...

Oh that was so moving what they did at church. Would make a wonderful short story (or part of a book perhaps.) You shoudl write your experiences down in a manuscript. Don't you think?

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home