Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A week away

Yes, that's all the time I have now to prepare for our trip to CA!! Been so busy, but still have made time to do a couple of fun things!! I realized today how thankful I am for the creativity of others. The different gifts that we are all given are incredible!! Some have awesome artistic talent, others are hospitable, encouraging, great cooks, etc. Why is it that we tend to look at others gifts and talents and envy them and fail to be thankful for the ones we have been given?!! We teach our children that they are good at different things and encourage them to find their knack. We need to take our own advice.
Often I would find myself looking at people's artistic talent or even musical talent and wonder why I couldn't have the same. But today, I finally got around to making a layout with a song that just expresses my heart right now and as I looked for a kit to use I decided to use Jen Wilson's. I found a beautiful paper to use and the font to write with-everything just flowed (atleast to me it does) I thought about how wonderful digi scrapping is because I can make my journal of pages look beautiful even though I am artistically challenged! Ok-sappy maybe but it really means a lot to me to be able to have nice journal pages and for the life of me I can't even draw decent stick figures!! I am no designer, never will be, but I can enjoy the work of others and use it for me! At the same time, I can realize there are areas that I am gifted in and visible or not, they are there and I can use them to glorify God and be thankful for what has been given to me.
I made this layout with inspiration from Melissa's challenge. I just didn't get it done in time. But, since I had it in my head to do this I wanted to get it finished. I love the words to the song and they just minister to me so much. No matter what is going on in my life, no matter the circumstances, I want to not only trust God in those things, but I want to be able to praise Him too.!! That is the challenging part-praising Him in the situations!! But, I know it's possible because He has said it to be so. Where do I set my mind-where is my focus? Is it on the things that are true and right and holy, praiseworthy? Or are my thoughts bombarded about what everyone else is doing, how they are affecting my life, what do others think about me? I love the verse that says "I don't understand all that You allow". But, then today I was thinking, I really don't need to understand it. I just have to really believe that when Jesus said "I am with you always" and I will never leave you or forsake you" He meant those words. So, no matter what the trial or situation, God is with me!! He is upholding me and allowing me to feed on His faithfulness if I will trust Him. He is able, more than able!! Let us encourage one another and spur one another on in the things that are true!!
If you are struggling or just need prayer, please feel free to let me know or email me if you don't want it on the comments. You can just write your name if you don't feel comfortable writing the details-don't even have to use your name-just say PLEASE PRAY-our Father in Heaven knows you and He knows your name and your needs :)
Have a wonderful day in Him :)
So, here's my layout using Jen's Spring Collection-the Linen Closet papers and the font is akafrivolity. Click on the image so you can see the words better if you want.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynds said...

Beautiful journaling, it was very inspiring and uplifting. I know on this front, I am trying so hard to do all the things you write about and so much more, and its nice to read someone else who feels the same, and expressing it. The layout is wonderful as well. :)

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home