Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Can you say....

malathyon(I should be saying...can I spell malathyon) LOL!! Yuck!! This is what it's been like the past couple days. Thursday the city sent the trucks around the town to spray for mosquitos. They never give a warning and all of a sudden you smell this diesel smell and realize they are spraying. Then, on Friday, I am driving home and see this huge war like plane flying low and realize they are now spraying via the plane. They do it every year which is great to halt the huge mosquito problem, but my goodness...it wreaks havoc on the lungs. I spent the weekend coughing and having such a headache. Still have it. I have never had a mosquito bite that I can remember. My husband and daughters get them really badly. My daughter's turn into welts. It's such a problem here too because we have no screens on the windows (too expensive here) and I will wake up in the middle of the night to my husband with a flashlight searching out the mosquitos!!! Of course I take no pity on him because he wakes me up and they don't bug me!! (pardon the pun)
So, did you have a fun NSD? It was good!! Spent time at SBB chats -they were packed-so busy, but still fun. I won a coupon for Terry Maruca's work and one for Olivia and Co. Pretty cool huh!! Haven't picked it out yet. We had a full house again this weekend. I can't get any packing done because we are busy cooking and chatting, well, mostly chatting LOL!!! Love these kids and their enthusiasm!! They are such fun kids and love the Lord!! Good examples too. Plus, my friend came over Friday from the college and spent the night. She's awesome-always keeps me laughing, but also I am always encouraged spiritually by her. Great to have friends like that-holding us accountable too. Someone we can share our weaknesses with and ask them to look for certain things to keep us accountable. I struggle in one area (not just one of course, but one in particular) and so I asked her this past summer if she notices any changes in me to call me on it. That was a hard thing to do and I can't really take credit for it. We were just talking and the Lord just had me say it to her. I struggle with my weight but not in the gaining department if you know what I mean. I am not like I was years ago, but it's something I know is a weakness. When I am stressed, I don't eat and after awhile I can easily find myself in trouble again but don't want to go through that again. Anyway, enough on that subject......
The Lord is good-we had Communion today which means extra time of worship so that was great. Then taught the kids-today's lesson was on the Rich Young Ruler. We have great talks together and it's just such a privledge to be able to have a role in a child's life. It's so exciting to watch them grow in their understanding of God's Word!! Very rewarding!
Well, I think I have talked your ears off today....I am making up for lost time. Haven't done any scrapping for a few days now. Too busy and probably won't get much done since we have much packing and cleaning to do to prepare for our trip to the states. Ahh, I wish I could keep putting it off-or just have someone else come in and do it!!! HA HA
Blessings upon your day!!!
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice-for He has done GREAT things :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mechelle said...

Oh dear I do know how you feel! I grew up on the farm and they would spray the Malathion over our house because we were right next to the field. We would feel so horrible after they sprayed. Praying that God will bring you relief from it.
Blessings to you and thank you for the note on my blog about the Chris Tomlin song~ I have it on my computer so I put it on and cranked it up and sang along with it! :) Thank you so much~
Blessings!
((Hugs)) Mechelle

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home