Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, October 13, 2006

Yeah, it's Friday!


ok-really I don't know why I get excited that it is Friday! My days are just as busy on weekends if not busier because of church and we have a bible college group each weekend come down to help with youth. So, that means cooking and cooking and a bit more cooking :) Ha ha-but I love it-I love being "mom" to these kids on weekends and cooking home cooked meals for them and creating a home environment for them. It's all the more special for me now that Marla is in CA and I depend on my friends to be there as "Mom" in my place since we are so far apart!

I chatted with her the other day and she's much better-I just want to give her a big hug!! Whoever said parenting stops when the kids move out really didn't know what they were talking about. It just changes to a different stage. I don't know that you are ever not a parent!!

For anyone looking for an awesome book to read I strongly recommend "Loving God With All Your Mind". It is by Elizabeth George. It is one of the best books around. I think I probably wrote about it a couple weeks ago, but I am getting old and can't remember much :) Ah-this book keeps me thinking all day long about the right things. Based on Phil 4:8. Thinking about what is true and real and not letting our minds wonder from us-just cuts to the chase about our fears, things we worry about with our kids, the future, everything. About what people think of us, trying to figure people out, etc. It is just awesome!! I think I may do a bible study with some of the girls in the church this summer with it.

I need a good chocolate cake recipe-anyone have one? We are celebrating our friend's birthday on Sunday and he would like chocolate cake. I had a really good one before but can't find it. There's a great one with Hershey's chocolate that comes in a can-it's fabulous!! I don't even like chocolate that much and love this one. Very rich though! But, we don't get Hershey's syrup like that here so I can't make it...need something else.

I managed to scrap a bit last night. THis is from last summer when we went back to the states. Marla was able to go to the high school banquet while we were there. It was so much fun for her. She went with a good friend of our family and they had a good time there. I love how the Lord always blesses His children!! This was so important for her to be able to go to since we lived here all her high school years. We homeschooled through the school and the homeschoolers can graduate and do the other things with the high school which makes it really nice for the kids.

I used a template from Lovely Miss Kait. I changed it a bit but it really helps me to have these templates!! I think it's the smartest thing on the market LOL-for me anyway. I don't have an artistic mind, but I love to make the lo's so it is such a help to have these to atleast start out with an idea.
Enjoy your day and may the Lord bless you and shine His face upon you :)


I used Kim Christenson's Be Trusting kit
and frames from Trish Jones

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont know if this will help but it's become one of our family's favorite chocolate cake recipes!

here's the recipe and a link to a lo i did of it---if u want to see a pic :) ....oh and i usually just sprinkle powdered sugar on it---it just happened that day it was frosted with a quick can of chocolate frosting :D

http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=103752&cat=500&perpage=18&ppuser=21758


Darn Good Chocolate Cake

1 pkg. plain devil's food or dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. vegetable oil (canola, corn, safflower, soybean or sunflower)
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set the pan aside.

Place the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, warm water and oil in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2-3 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, making sure they are well distributed throughout the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula. Place the pan in the oven.

Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 45-50 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto the rack to cool completely, 20 minutes more. Or invert it onto a serving platter to slice and serve while still warm.

From The Cake Mix Doctor
Copyright © 1999 by Anne Byrn.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home