Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bedridden

I think thatis how you spell it anyway :) You would not have wanted to enter our household the past week. It's horrible. DH came down with the flu-and while I did my best to serve Him and avoid direct contact with him, it didn't matter...Wed late afternoon I started to get the chills and by that night I was in bed with 102.4 fevcr. Today is the first day I have been out of my bed. It won't be for long though because I am still not feeling all that great. This has got to be the worst flu virus we have encountered!! 7 years ago I had viral meningitis and it almost feels like that is what it was again. I don't think so only because as much as I was in pain this time, it was not as bad as before. We aren't even allowing anyone in our house that's how bad it is! DH even missed teaching Thursday and today too. That's a first in over 5 years due to illness. The only other time he couldn't teach was when he broke his leg and was hospitalized. So, you know he is down and out to have to stay home! He still has a really bad cough. It is pretty deep too. Hopefully in the next day or two we will be back to normal-or as normal as we can get :)

I found some nice new blogs to add to my reading. I will have to post them here so you can enjoy them too. Melissa had a post at DST for Pastor/Missionary wives and I "met" some new people from that. How exciting!! It's always neat to see others in similar walks of life.

I am a fan of Isobel Kuhn. Have you read any of her books? I would highly recommend her books-they are very inspiring and very easy to read too. She speaks very openly and honestly about her experiences. Right now I am reading By Searching. It chronicles her earlier years when she had turned away from the Lord and is searching for Him again. So far, so good. I found this quote in the book by F B Meyer (another great writer) 'Nothing strengthens us so much as isolation and transplantation...under the wholesome demand his soul will put forth all her native vigor...it may not be necessary for us to withdraw from home and friends, but we shall have to withdraw our heart's deepest dependence from all earthly props and supports if ever we are to learn what it is to trust simply and absolutely on the eternal God. It's an amazing quote!! One that I have to read and digest over and over again until my heart and my mind settle on it completely.

I pray today will find you in our Lord's perfect will. Stay healthy and enjoy the message the Lord will bring to your hearts today :)

1 Comments:

Blogger TheCatLord said...

hi margie! i hope you are all on the mend now!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home