Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, December 18, 2006

Check out this link!

While checking the SBB boards I found a link to the funniest "elf thing" You have to check it out here. DH and I laughed so hard~I uploaded his photo to it and sent it to some friends. Sure gave me a much needed chuckle this morning!

It's been really hard the past week to get into the Christmas mood. I feel like I am just going through the motions. It's so difficult without my daughter here. I knew the first Christmas away would be hard, but I don't think you can really prepare for it until the moment. I start to think in the tiniest of ways what it must have been like for Jesus to be separated from His Father for us. I know the Lord uses these situations we go through to draw us nearer to Him and sometimes He allows us the sufferings that go with the trials. But, He does promise that everything works together for good and I cling to that because it's hard to understand at times what good it is that our daughter is so lonely and spending Christmas apart from us. She had a hard time in the dorm the past week as everyone was so excited to go home and be with family again. Thankfully we have awesome friends who are taking her in for the break. Everyone keeps asking her over and our friends are so great to look out for her in our absence. Hopefully we will go home to CA next Christmas. We haven't had Christmas in the states in 6 years now. I think it's time :)

On a different note, our friends are planning their yearly business trip. This year they go to Greece. We were going to try to meet up with them there, but it's too costly. We will plan to meet in Rome instead. We can fly cheap airlines and get there easier. We could actually drive, but I think with the toll costs and petrol it isn't worth it. We are going to go to Lake Bracciano while we are there. It's so gorgeous in pictures and I am sure it is in real life too! Also, we will probably take one day and take a drive to Florence~just depends on what we are in the mood for. We have all been to Rome before so it won't matter if we don't see the sights there again. Italy is by far my favorite country I have visited in so far and I am thrilled every time we can go! I think we will go to Sicily again this summer and that is probably my favorite place in Italy. Mmmmm, I can taste the cannolli right now!


Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home