Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Amazing Day

Yes! that is how I describe today!! We had our women's conference today and the Lord just totally blessed every part of it! It was different than any conference we have done in the past. God was just wanting to stir us up and cause us to totally depend upon Him for each and every part of the conference.
Our theme was "The Fragrance of Christ" from 2 Cor. 2:14-16. Amazing portion of scripture to study! We had the college team here and there were 11 girls that have been here the past 9 days helping us prepare everything and also painting and cleaning in the church! These girls were just awesome!!!! Truely a blessing!!!
One of the girls had worked in a flower shop for two years and made the most beautiful flower arrangements with stuff we went out and gathered from the parks and what was laying on the ground. God provides such beautiful nature!! We had flowers all over the church and candles throughout!! What a beautiful fragrance filled the church.

But, that wasn't all!!! About 5:30pm last night I get a phone call that one of the speakers cannot make it because she has pnemonnia (don't know if it's how you spell it). What did that mean???? PANIC!!!! It meant I had to teach and I only had a few hours to prepare. When Jesus said be ready in season and out....I learned to apply that scripture for sure. Isn't it just like our Jesus to show Himself faithful!! I relied upon Him as He tells us not to worry about what we will speak-He will put the words into our mouth. Such a testimony of His faithfulness. It always makes me nervous when I have to teach because it is such a huge responsibility not to misuse His Word!
We also had a time where the pastor's wives washed the feet of the women!! Ok-I couldn't stop talking about it to my husband!!! AMAZING!!! The women in the church have never experienced this before and God just used it to bless them and bless us as we did the washing! I don't say this because I want you to read it and say-oh wow-how neat that they did this-no, I say it to tell you that if you have ever been moved to wash someone's feet, then do it!! Don't not do it because it sounds gross, or because you are afraid-you will be so blessed to do this for someone. And, if you are afraid to have someone wash your feet, don't be. Don't miss out on what God has for you because of fear!! It's humbling for sure-to be so vulnerable before someone in this way-but it is an amazing act of love! The f ragrance is still lingering throughout the church and I can still smell the scent we used on my hands. Wow-it's just too great to put into words.
Don't ever be afraid or anxious about anything God wants you to do. Just do it!! Obey and He will bless you beyond what you can imagine.

Obviously I haven't been doing any scrapping lately. We have been so busy getting stuff at the church finished. It looks great with fresh paint and clearing out some piles of who knows what! Hopefully next week I will be able to scrap a bit. I really do miss it. I want to get some calendars soon to make Christmas gifts. I made them last year and they were a huge hit! I will have to do some looking around at the digi-shops to see what's out there. I think they are pretty popular from what I am 'hearing' on the boards :)

Well, I am tuckered out for the day! I pray that your life will be filled with the joy of the Lord and you will diffuse His fragrance in each place and person He brings your way today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home