Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sick

I could tell I was coming down with something the past few days. So, last night I went to bed and didn't have a great sleep. This morning I woke up and took my temperature. So,,,,here is my conversation with DH after the thermometer beeper went off :

DH-oh do you have a fever?
Me-yes it almost 100
DH-oh can you be sure to steam press my suit for the funeral today?


Yes, life is grand!!! He does that all the time-waits til the last minute and lets me know something needs ironing or fixing that he has to wear. Normally I couldn't care less because it's just a part of what I do anyway, but today I was not feeling like ironing one bit!! So you may be wondering why they are in his closet and not ironed......well,they were at one point. Unfortunately, he just shoves stuff in there so tightly that it has to be reironed all the time!!! Ok-I guess I sound crabby. I really am not..maybe just a bit but I have a fever so I am not myself!! LOL

So DH had to do a funeral today. There was no way I could go since I would infect everyone and believe me you don't go around the people here when you are sick. It's a huge NO NO!! So, he went alone and said it was went as well as could be expected. We didn't know the guy who died very well. He daughter in law goes to our church so they asked DH to perform the funeral. So, get this...the guy was a Com*unist in days past so there was someone there to speak about when they knew him. DH couldn't understand what she was saying anyway so it didn't matter. Such a different world!

Well, we are trying to figure out what to do for Christmas. I really don't feel like celebrating much this year since we will be without our daughter. Oh I just dread thinking about it. It's so hard being away from her. I guess it's all the "firsts" without her that hurt so bad. But, we are thinking about going away somewhere. First, we thought we would go to The Netherlands because we have some friends that live there. But, today I was thinking about going to Wales. My father's side of the family is from there and I thought it would be nice to visit there. We could spend a couple nights in London and then drive to Wales for a few nights. Hopefully I can find some good fares. The scenery is gorgeous. I have to find out what the weather is like around the holidays. Hopefully not so rainy! I'll keep ya posted :)

I am having such a hard time figuring out our Women's Christmas Tea invites for this year. Our theme will be "Seeking Him...Worship Him". I can't find the right picture to use either. I don't want to use the Wise Men but maybe if I could find just a nice star with a red or green or even redish/pink background. I have scoured the digi kits for some backgrounds but can't find any!! That is just a shock to me. I don't know if I am overlooking something or what! Seems like everything is snowflakes. I picked up a kit from Kelly Shults the other day and there is a star paper but I just don't know if it's the right one or not. I just love Kelly's designs!! She has a great talent and has a style I really like.
Here's what I picked up the other day:


Have a wonderfully blessed day!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynds said...

I haven't seen anything quite like you are looking for, but if I do while browsing the scrapping sites, Ill let you know. I hope you have a nice Christmas with your travels, its so hard to be away from family this time of year.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home