Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Missing my daughter


Those of you who read my blog know that I have been missing my daughter so much lately. I miss her everyday, but there's something about Christmas that makes it harder. She is hanging in there-working for a friend, staying with some of our friends and will be able to spend her first Christmas in 5 years in the states. It's funny because she received some money for graduation and for her birthday last summer and is enjoying spending it! She didn't learn this from me....nope, the spending comes from her Dad and sisters! Don't get me wrong, I love to spend money too, but I am more thrifty and the saver in the family. Being this is her first time home in so long, she is enjoying shopping for others. Unfortunately, I don't think she has a clue when she stocks up her basket at Tarjay....(wonder if she reads Gina's blog) that it adds up at the cash register. She lived in Europe all her teen years and we didn't really shop for clothes and fun stuff so it's all new to her now. I think she is making up for lost time. Thankfully, she is earning some money over the holiday break so she can be sure to have enough money for her books next semester!!!


Here is a LO I did today. So many emotions going through my head as I miss my daughter. I wasn't going to share it but through this, I have had such compassion on those who are lonely and without their loved ones this Christmas and those who go through this every Christmas.


As you can read in the journaling, I also cried out to God about this. Wondering about what it was like for Him and I feel like my faith in Him was challenged. Not in the sense that I doubt His plan or His will, but to be challenged to remain faithful in my calling here even though it means separation from my daughter. Not to just be here physically, but to be here in spirit. I also realized that it's important for me to be here emotionally for my husband. Not to just be sad and despondant about the holidays, but to decorate and put on the Christmas music for him because he enjoys it! We have our sad moments...sometimes together, sometimes alone, but we have each other and for that I am most thankful!


I encourage you to call someone or write a little note to someone who is without their parents this holiday season, or someone who is alone for the first time. It will mean a lot to them.


Have a joyous day!

You can click on the image to read the journaling. I used Kelly Shults "Simply Christmas" kit template by Ronee Parsons

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynds said...

Your heart has been so heavy since your daughter has left, and I ache for you. Your journaling on your layout is so heartfelt and touching, I'm glad you shared. I am thinking and praying for you and yours, and wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home