Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ok, this is the second time this has happened-long post and then want to upload a picture and blank screen!! I am not a happy camper!
Shall we try again............................

Well, I started to scrap a little more reguarly again. It seems ever since I got back from the states in Sept I have not really had a great desire to do much in this are. I was creating a LO in PSP the other night and just about smacked my computer-just picture it!! LOL!!! It was creeping along ever so slowly to the point of incredible frustration. I don't know if it is because I was using a template or what. Still, they shouldn't create a product that operates so slowly!! I have plenty of memory, etc on my computer so I know it's not that-I hear PSP is a memory hog so that is probably the reason for the slowness.
I talked to hubby about it and he thinks I should get Photoshop. Does he know anything about this stuff? No, not at all. But, he is the type that thinks one should not spare expense when it comes to buying things. Yes, this is where he and I are complete opposites. I don't adhere to the reasoning that just because something costs more it means it's better. Now, it's not easy for him to live up to this type of standard in the past 5 years because he is a Pastor and we are living overseas. Life is much different than when he owned his business and we could buy what we wanted. Even then, I used coupons, saved, shopped sales, etc. Ok-so how did I go from creating a LO to hubby's mindset in one short paragraph??? Ah, I am quite the blabber!!
Anyway, I downloaded the trial version of PSE 5.0 yesterday. I have 30 days to see if I like this program. I don't need the expensive version because I am not a designer, nor will I ever be, nor do I even have the desire to be one. Not my gifting!!! But, I looked at tutorials and I can only see stuff like 'control G, alt this and that'. Ok-that's not me. I am a ' go to edit and hit copy then hit paste and there you go' type of girl. So, we will see how I progress. I want to get PSE because I love templates. I think they are the best thing in the world. Makes my life so much easier and I love how designers are also including text on a path now-unfortunately, they don't work in PSP. Also, I like the photo actions I see around too. Most are only for Photoshop. So, I have to really see if this will be a worthwhile purchase.


I have been contemplating a LO now for a couple weeks-you know how I love to scrap musical lyrics. Well, there is a song I absolutely love by Natalie Grant. It's called The Real Me. Over the summer, when I was in CA, my good friend and I had a lot of discussions about this topic. Being real -especially in ministry. Obviously we are not to be fake or put on pretenses but it went beyond the basics. We were talking about people's expectations of us-she's involved in women's ministry and I am a Pastor's wife. I do believe we are called to a higher standard and need to be above reproach. Ok-that's a term right there that we talked about-what do you think it means to be above reproach? Also, living in a way that you don't make others stumble? And, how do you balance all that and still be the person you are? Does it make sense? I am not trying to be selfish here at all. I guess I wonder about these things because as far back as I can remember, I have lived my life to be a people pleaser. It goes back to being adopted and never wanting to upset my parents for fear of being sent back to the orphanage. Of course, you realize as you get older that this is an impossible task. You can't please everyone. This behavior led to a horrible eating disorder that almost took my life and consumed many years of my early adulthood.
So, do you think that many women struggle in this area? I think so. It's natural for us to want to feel like we are liked and accepted. That we fit in-we have a sense of belonging. Somewhere in the midst of all this, many lose sight of who they are-who God created them to be. He made us each individuals, with our own set of strengths and weaknesses, our own gifts and talents. Too often we can be so busy looking at everyone else and what they have or even what we think they have and we never find out who we are in Christ-who He made us to be. Does it come down to being content? Hmm, I am really all over the place with my thoughts right now. I have just been thinking about it a lot-asking God about these things.
Let me know what you think if you want. I'd love to hear from you about this.


Here's my LO from the other day. It's from our trip to Salzburg in Nov. We had such a good time together. Celebrated hubby's 50th and my 46th-gosh I am getting up there :) You can see the credits here

Enjoy your day!
Shine on :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMGosh, my husband is the same way! If it costs more, it must be better! I am definitely the frugal half of the equation!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your honesty and authenticity...the real you! We have much in common and agree with you about the importance of being real. That's the entire message of my book, Real Women Scrap! I saw that you're a member of CWO...me too! I'm glad I found your blog.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

You know what I started doing so blogger won't eat my posts? I copy the entire thing before doing anything like inserting images or hitting submit. Blogger likes eating posts. That's a nice LO, by the way!

5:16 AM  
Blogger ~Melissa~ said...

First off... LOVE your layout! You two look so happy together and I'll add to the list of hubbies who tend to think more expensive is always better. LOL

Love your thoughts about being real but it brought up a different perspective for me... why do we feel the need to be fake?

"Above reproach'... ah another topic that I'm passionate about because I strongly believe in this. To me being above reproach means not causing anyone to stumble, not giving anyone a reason to say 'why would I want a relationship with God' or 'if they're a Christian then I don't want anything to do with that.' I think we can share our hearts and frustrations and 'be real' but also sharing that while we may be struggling.. this is how God has worked in the past...etc. I hope this is making sense and I'm not rambling.

I've seen too many people 'be real' so much so that they give Christianity, church, God etc a really bad rap and I personally don't feel that it's biblical... wouldn't that be slander?

Anyway... sorry for writing so much but this is actually something I've been thinking about recently too.

Have a wonderful day!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home