Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, February 09, 2007

This time tomorrow....

We will be in Athens, Greece!!! We are so excited about our trip and being able to go see some great historical sites. Of course we are more thrilled that we will meet up with our friends who live in CA!! They are treating us to this wonderful trip for 5 days.

We will go to Corinth on Monday for a tour and that will be fun. Corinthians was actually the first book of the bible my husband taught when he became a Pastor. We will also see Mars Hill and other great places. I think I am like a little kid right now with such excitement. Plus, DH is teaching through the book of Acts for our midweek study so it will seem like it comes alive to me!! This is such an amazing dream for me! I always wanted to go to Israel and walk in the places of the bible, maybe some day, but this is just as thrilling for me.

I hope to get lots of good pictures while we are there. I don't have the world's best camera, but it should be fine and if not, I will have to get a lot of postcards! Hopefully the weather will be nice too. I checked and there could be some rain Monday but I pray it will just be a bit and not enough to ruin our sightseeing.

Hmm, I wonder what kind of food we will eat!! Ha ha!!! I think a gyros will be on my menu of what to eat-as long as it isn't lamb. I just don't care for the after taste from lamb. Chicken and turkey gyros are really good though. I heart they have great olive oil there too-can it compare to what I got in Sicily?????? We will have to see. Oh I just realized I can have a Greek salad in Greece!!! LOL.. Did you ever eat some ethnic food in the states and then have it in an authentic place and it's not even close?? My daughter was in shock to hear that they don't even have orange chicken in China!!

Ok-I better get going and fold another load of laundry....never ends does it :)
Have a blessed weekend and may Jesus's light shine brightly in your life!!
Here's a couple pics of some sites we'll see:
well, Blogger won't let me so we'll have to wait for the real pics when I return :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whow, sounds like a great trip !!
Greece is a wonderfull country to visit. I once went there (back in the good old days...lol...in our last year of highschool)
and it was memorable !!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Charlene said...

Enjoy your trip to Greece, sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see photos.

5:12 PM  
Blogger noee01 said...

Bon Voyage! May you have a safe and enjoyable trip!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home