Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

So Blessed!

I am really overwhelmed by God's goodness and I should realize by now how good He is!
We had a wonderful time in Greece. It was so good to spend time with our friends and chit chat, hang out and be goofy together~the girls that is. The guys were...well...they were guys. My friend and I had a blast being silly and I felt like I was back in high school with all the giggling we did.
Our pictures came out good so I have lots of scrapping to do soon. We even went to Starbucks while we were there and I bought one of their collector mugs that has "Greece" written on it. We got one for DH while we were in the states this summer for Father's Day so now we can add to the collection. I told him I need to go back to Vienna now so I can get the one there. :)
We went to Corinth and saw the old market place. It was awesome. Also, we hiked to Mars Hill and Acropolis. Everything is so old and filled with history! Lots and lots of walking though. Took a toll on my poor feet. Of course it didn't help that I had 2 inch heels on either LOL. Ever since living in Europe I find myself wearing heels all the time-I was always into flats but no...now I am just killing my calves for the sake of style!!! I told Jim I thought they should put one of those moving things they have in airports all around the attractions so we can have a leisurely look around without breaking a heel. LOL!!
I will add some pics real soon.
Sad news was on our flight from Athens to Munich I realized about 3 minutes after we got off the plane that I left my bible on the plane. Jim ran back to the plane and they wouldn't let him get back on nor would any of the workers at the gate go and check. We checked when we landed in Budapest to see if was turned in but it wasn't. So, I called Lufthansa the other day and they found it and they have it in Munich...well, I would think they could put it on a flight to Budapest and we can go pick it up...wrong!! They said the only way I can get it is to either go to Munich and pick it up or have a friend in Munich pick it up for me. Ok-that really doesn't help me. I am so sad about this because my Bible is so special to me. My husband bought it for me years ago for Christmas at a time when we barely had any money. It is now held together with duct tape and the pages actually are all apart from the actual cover-but, it's my bible. If you have a bible, you know what I mean. It's like I know where everything is-the side of the page the verse is 0n, if it's on the top, bottom, or middle...it's got all kinds of markings in it. Anyway, they will hold it three months so hopefully I will find someone to go and get it for me. We are going to Germany in May but not to Munich-a friend might go soon so I am praying I can get it back!!! Please pray!!
Here's a picture of DH and me escaping the rain storm while we were in Athens. It's Sunday and nothing is open-except Starbucks of course :) Had to grab a good ole coffee to warm us up!

Hope to write more tomorrow and put up some more pictures from the trip.

Have a blessed day:)
I used Fhung's border for this picture-they are great!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow! Athens Greece! How exciting! It sounds like such a wonderful trip and I'll have to come back to check on your pictures. What a funny thought of a Starbuck's in Greece, but I guess they're everywhere... and what a good collection to start because now you have to really travel to complete your collection... they're everywhere... I hear they're thinking of the moon next... nahhhh, lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting too. :D

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home