Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Surprised!

I received a wonderful surprise in my Inbox the other day! It was a note from Kristie telling me I was given a gift certificate to the Shabby Shoppe!! Why???? I have absolutely no clue! Aren't those the best surprises-when we don't even know why but they are just given to us!! Who said only little kids like surprises??? I was all wide-eyed and reading and rereading to make sure what I was reading was right :)
There are so many wonderful kits I have had my eye on over at the Shabby Shoppe but just had to practice some self control. I try to do a bit of shopping here and there of my favorite things. What a fun treat this is going to be!
I finally got around to another LO. It took forever!!!! Looking at it you would think it's the easiest LO in the world-ok,,,,not for me LOL. I usually like to scrap with kits and if it's not in the kit, I don't use it. So, I made myself go for things from different designers!! Yikes...what a stretch!! I am always so amazed by these layouts that have tons of credits on them and I think-wow-that makes me dizzy trying to look through so much stuff! But, I did it-took about 5 hours or so...yep you read that right :) I put some layouts in my favorites to try with all the clusters and fun stuff. Oh and check out the string...ok...you have to know me to appreciate this little tidbit LOL. I am soooo not a great scrapper but I actually figured out how to put two layers of the string and then erase part of it. My fete accompli YEAH!!! Ok, go ahead and laugh now, it's ok :) I really wanted to do some fun stuff on the top corner but it took about a half hour to figure out where to put the heart-I mean I literally was moving it up, down, sideways, etc! It seems like it should be dangling off the cardboard, but oh well, I was getting tired!
So, anyway, that's the long story....because I am long winded I think :)

Funny thing last night...we usually have our midweek service on Thurs but last night we were to have a guest from the states come and teach. Well, he missed his flight or got snowed in, or something..he didn't end up making it. Well, on Sunday, Jim asked everyone to come out for Wed night even if they don't usually make midweek service...everyone came!!! So, Jim told them it was all a joke and he just wanted to see if they would all come for midweek!! They got a kick out of it. We ended up having a great service and DH taught from Isaiah 40. Such a good reminder of God's infinite power and might. Why do we fear and why do we doubt-He's God-He created the universe, He holds the world in the palm of His hand....can't He work out the things in our life!!!!
Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint . Isaiah 40:31

Most of us know this verse by heart, but we forget to meditate upon the words and what they mean. That happens so many times with scriptures we memorize and have known for so long. It's easy for them to just become words and we lose the meaning in them! Let's choose some of the familiar verses and mediate on them again that they would come alive in our lives :)


You can see the credits here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home