Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Time just has gone by so quickly the past week or so. We had students over for the weekend and that was a lot of fun-busy but fun!! The kids have so much energy and sometimes I get lucky and it wears on me a bit too :)
We are busy planning for different events at the church now that the weather is better. We have people from the states coming at different times starting in April. We should be able to do some more construction on the outside of the church and also some cosmetic work inside. Lots of stuff to do in the next month to secure all the dates.
The high school girls want to have a get together so we are going to do that at my house in a few weeks. I think I'll make a nice brunch and do a devotional with them and some kind of craft afterwards. I'll have to find some good brunch ideas-and a good craft!!! Any ideas :)
In scrapping news, you should head over to Misty's blog (click on her name over to the right). She has an awesome tutorial on how to thread ribbon! It's probably one of the best I have seen out there on how to do this. I think Misty is so awesome and generous with all her knowledge! Have you seen her collection at SBB? You can find it here. It's a great kit with lots of colors and fun elements too. Here's a little peak at it:

We've been going through a bit of a trial here lately. So much good is happening but at times the trials feel like they can overtake us. The challenge of our faith is in these times. Trusting in the Lord in the hardships. He keeps reminding me of Job and how not one thing happened to Job without it going through the Lord first. I want to be strong in Him and know that all He allows in our lives will make me stronger and closer to Him if I allow Him to work these things out His way. It's not my first reaction to just let it be-I always want to react and it's my weakness. But God is so faithful and so gentle. He knows our breaking point and how much we can each handle-even though many a time I think He mixes me up with someone else LOL. But, He is right there in our midst helping us to stand through these times. I was reading through the Psalms today and once again found myself at Ps. 55:12-14 where David is anguishing the pain brought on by one he thought to be a friend. Those are the wounds that hurt the most-an enemy's wounds can be expected. The ones that surprise us are those that come from people we thought were our brother or sister in Christ. Yet, Jesus experienced the same and why would I think my life would be any different. I have learned through the years that there are some who are Judas in our lives-they never were with us and there are Peters in our lives-those that may betray us but we will once again be reconciled. I hope for the day of reconciliation.


I pray your day is blessed with the goodness of God :)


I used Fhung's border and Jen Wilson's paper for this

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home