Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, March 09, 2007

Raise your hand....

...if you constantly get an error message from blogs with those verification number/letter things!! Am I the only one that feels so dumb when I get the "incorrect" message????? It drives me out of my mind. I either am not looking when I type and don't have my fingers in the right spot, or my eyesight fails me and I can't read those letters! Some are so hard to figure out if it's an S and 8 whatever!!! Frustration!!! I know, my life is so filled with challenges! LOL

Such a busy week-we had guests all week at our house. It was good and now I have to change all the sheets today and get ready for the college students to come over tonight :) I think that is my ministry-changing sheets!!
The weather here has been wonderful. We barely had a winter here-I think it snowed an inch all winter. I am not complaining one bit! This is my kind of winter for sure-only thing missing is the beach!
We are having our girls brunch next Sat. I made some pretty invitations for it and I'm excited to decorate and find some yummy recipes. Our theme is going to be from Jer. 29:11~For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord...here's a picture of the invites: On the back I just put all the info for the place, time, etc.




I cut them 5x7 and put a piece of vellum over the top and then a sheer ribbon in the center top. I like to make things like this so the girls can use the scripture part to put in a frame or however they want. I think I will make some bookmarks to match to put at each place setting. It's going to be a good time and the girls are looking forward to it.

I finally used my Gift Certificate at Shabby Shoppe. I am so excited about the kits I was able to get. It was difficult to narrow it down, but I am so blessed to get these:




and then I got this one: (love these colors)



I started a LO using the Island Chic but the photo I want to use is of my Mom and I from the summer and I need some kind of action/script to make the photo "POP" It just needs that extra oomph-know what I mean. I can't find one for PSP that I want to use. I am waiting to see if the Photoblast ones will all come in PSP. I haven't seen one for a pop yet and I can't seem to make it happen on my own. I keep thinking there has to be a way to do it but I can't figure it out. If I get the picture lighter, then it looks too unreal and though I like to whiten my teeth a bit and do a bit of sharpening to my photos I can't stand when they look fake and too professional-not like I have that problem with my skills lol. I just like a more natural look when possible.

I am having a craving to make Focaccia bread. Maybe I will make it for dinner tonight. There's a great recipe from Food Network that I am going to make for the students tonight and the bread will be good with it. Here's the recipe-it's great doubled and even tripled if you have a crowd to feed. Tastes great the next day too. I think all Italian food tastes better the next day after the seasonings have settled in.

Chicken Stew

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 stalks celery, cut into bite-size pieces

1 carrot, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces

1 small onion, chopped

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes

1 (14-ounce) can low-salt chicken broth

1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces

1 tablespoon tomato paste

1 bay leaf

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

2 chicken breast with ribs (about 1 1/2 pounds total)

1 (15-ounce) can organic kidney beans, drained (rinsed if not organic)

Serving suggestion: crusty bread
Heat the oil in a heavy 5 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot, and onion. Saute the vegetables until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, chicken broth, basil, tomato paste, bay leaf, and thyme. Add the chicken breasts; press to submerge.
Bring the cooking liquid to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently uncovered until the chicken is almost cooked through, turning the chicken breasts over and stirring the mixture occasionally, about 25 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the chicken breasts to a work surface and cool for 5 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Add the kidney beans to the pot and simmer until the liquid has reduced into a stew consistency, about 10 minutes.
Discard the skin and bones from the chicken breasts. Shred or cut the chicken into bite- size pieces. Return the chicken meat to the stew. Bring the stew just to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Ladle the stew into serving bowls and serve with the bread.

I better go tend to the laundry, clean the bathrooms, do some vacuuming....all the fun stuff that my allergies and asthma cry out for more of. LOL

Have a blessed weekend!!!! May the joy of the Lord be your strength :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home