Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Monday

It's true!! Monday is a pretty relaxing day for us (most of the time) after busy weekends it's nice to sort of veg out and spend time alone. We had church yesterday and koinonia afterwards. We started having koinonia the same day as Communion and it's been great! It gives everyone more time to hang out and get to talk to each other rather than just rushing out of church to get home. One of the times was so funny because we had so many different pasta dishes. Seems like everyone had the same idea! Easy to cook and feeds a lot :)
We have discovered a great "new" show. For those who live in the states, I know it's not new, but to us it is LOL!! The show is 24! Oh my goodness....we borrowed the first season from our friends at the bible college and it was so intriguing!! I couldn't even believe it! I am not a big tv or movie watcher but this show has me on the edge of my seat! Twists and turns I couldn't believe! When the bad person was revealed it was hiliarious because Jim says- Oh my goodness, I feel like I have been violated"!!!! He was so into the character and thinking she was good! We do laugh a lot though because there are so many unrealistic things but it is still a great show.
I have to think of something to make for the people at the retirement home here. DH goes every month and sings and prays with them and they said he can go on Good Friday and give them Communion too. Well, he was talking to the group and started talking about age or something and next thing you know he is having a contest with them! He's too much!! So now, they are all fascinated and busy waiting for him to show up on Friday and reveal his age so they can find out who wins the prize!! So he comes home and says-oh can you make a prize for me to bring on Friday? Well, once I figured out why, I told him there is no way he can just give out one prize with 50 people being there!! So, I need to make 50 of something and make one a bit bigger LOL-that is going to be interesting!!! I will probably make some scripture bookmarks or something similiar. I will have to work on that tomorrow ~
It's going to be a busy week being that Easter is Sunday. We will have Good Friday service at night and then Sat the teen girls will come over and help color eggs (actually I will probably just let them do all of them) and then make cupcakes for the kids at church. I am not sure how many we will have for Easter dinner yet. I always invite the kids from bible college who have no where to go so they can have a home-cooked meal. It's the Mom in me-I can't imagine them having to eat Cafeteria food on Easter!! My daughter is going to our friend's house so that will be good and she can go to Easter service too. I miss her sooooooooo much!! I can't wait til we can see each other again -won't be until Christmas though because it's too expensive to fly and all the money she earns this summer she will have to use for her books and other college expenses. It's been 8 months already since I have seen her!!! The Lord is keeping a good watch on her though so that helps with me having peace of mind :)
I managed a couple layouts this past week, (despite my time in front of the dvd player) :)

I am slowly and I mean very slowly working on the church scrapbook so here are a couple LOs.
The first is some of the girls from youth group that come over on Saturdays to hang out. The next is of a baptism we had at our summer conference. I used Shabby Princess's kits and Janet Phillips' templates for both LOs.



Have a wonderfully blessed day today :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home