Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Refreshed and Renewed

I haven't had much of a desire to blog lately-partly because of busyness and partly because I didn't feel like it LOL!! Actually I have been quite busy but as usual a good busy.
God has given me a renewed vision for being here and also my heart has been refreshed with His goodness!! I started a women's leadership training with some of the ladies in our church and it has caused me to really ask God to search my heart in some of the things we will talk about. What is my heart attitude in serving Him, in serving others? Has it become a chore or is it a joy and a privlege to serve Him? These are things God has been speaking to me about lately. It's so easy when Ministry is in fact your "job" but it is sad when that is what it becomes-just a plain ole job and the joy and the enthusiasm that goes with it dwindles. Praise the Lord for His revival!!! I have such a joy in me now and I don't want it to go away. The ladies are reacting to it too. It's so awesome when this happens! Now they are able to affect others too.

After much prayer, we decided to have a Women's Retreat in the Fall. The first one here in Hungary with the churches. Our theme is going to be The King's Daughter-taken from Psalm 43:13. I am sooooo excited about this theme. I have prayed about this theme for years!!! I know it's a common theme-but God is going to use it incredibly to minister to the women here-I just know it!!!! I told the girls last night-start praying each day for the Lord to show you something from His Word about you being His daughter-and then walk in that truth-we are the King's Daughters-I mean no matter what our background, our lifestyle before knowing Him, all the junk, etc, we are His!!! Noone can change that truth!!
So....I am just so excited to be planning all the stuff-and I warned the gals last night-it's gonna be girly!!! Yep-purple and gold colors-the colors of royalty-I found diagrams of how to make a castle out of refrigerator boxes!! Tiaras from Oriental Trading, they have those rubber bracelets with the word Princess on them....wow!!!! Tulle and lace and just all kinds of neat stuff!! Most importantly....Jesus!!! His love and teaching and ministering to the women who come!! So much to look forward to-just wanting to pamper the ladies and give them a weekend filled with His love!!!
I have decided to tear into Psalm 45 between now and then. I want the teachings to come from there and just really see what God is showing us through this Psalm. I will share on my blog as the Lord shows me different things :)

Haven't scrapped much at all lately-too many other things going on. I managed a few pictures from our Easter service but someone else was taking the photos and they didn't come out that great-seems like there was a shadow on most of them and of course for some reason my hair looks green!! Oh the problems of do it yourself highlights here! I went today and bought a box to do my highlights myself. Hopefully it will work. There's a little brush included so I can't imagine I could do it any worse than some of the hairdressers here. Plus, their utensils are so dirty! Yuck!! Makes me cringe!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
I made this with Nancy Comelab's photo frames and Jen Wilson's paper. I need to find a good picture of a crown to use for our programs. Not sure how we will do them yet-I am thinking like a scroll with the info on it. Still time to think about it and check around for some creative ideas-I am open if you have any :) Think princess!! Think glittery! Think girly! I think the girls about died last night because I jokingly told them all the volunteers will be dressing up like princesses!! Ha ha-they had the funniest looks on their faces!!
Have a wonderful day!
Shine on :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home