Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sadness

My heart just aches with sadness for the families and friends of those who tragically lost people they love at the VT massacre yesterday. It was just senseless that some evil person would decide he had a right to end innocent lives. Why didn't he just take his own life and and let the others be? How awful! I found myself glued to the news online about it and fortunately we get tv now so we could watch CNN and they had the US news on. My thoughts went to my own daughter who is in the states in college and living in a dorm. I just can't imagine what the parents are going through-it was painful to watch and I don't even know anyone there. I just thought in one moment 33 families are now changed forever! It's just devasting to think someone made the choice to do this. I don't care what comes out about his childhood either-it seems like that is the news that comes out in these cases-how unloved they were or this and that-who cares really!!! You are able to make a choice between right and wrong. The problem in this world is we are too busy making excuses for those who do what's wrong! We have become enablers and blame anyone and everything except the person who commits these atrocities! I have met many people who have had childhoods noone should have and they are some of the most loving and caring people I know. I myself had a past that was quite difficult but realized at a certain age that it's not an excuse to do wrong-especially towards others.
It's interesting because I was looking for a song yesterday online by Selah and I happened to watch their performance during the 5 yr. Memorial for Sept 11th. I was looking at different news programs from that day and mentioned to Jim how the regular morning shows were on and news people were saying how beautiful it was outside, nice and calm and peaceful....30 minutes later everything as we know it would change. We had just moved here 2 months before so we didn't even know what was happening until we went to someone's house to watch the news. But I thought that this is how it will be when the Rapture happens. It will just be another day-nothing out of the ordinary and then complete chaos will take over the world. We talked about that this morning and how a tragic event like what happened in VA yesterday and Sept. 11th captivates everyone and we are so glued to the events on tv as they unfold. Imagine the day of the Rapture-millions gone and who that's left will know the explanation-just amazing to think about. I pray noone I love will be here to witness the events!
I did the challenge at My Digital Muse the other day. It was a cute template so I thought I would join in. One of the gals that did a LO with it mentioned how the template was good for not so great photos and it is so true! I don't always have great photos-mainly I don't have a great camera-but I still want to be able to scrap the pictures and this was a great way to do it. I had a lot of fun with it although I still can't get the pictures to quite fit as I want them to in the templates.

You can see the credits here
Oh and Mrs Miles had asked about the bagel recipe from a few posts ago. I can't even remember where I found it LOL. The only reason I made homemade ones is because we can't get them over here and I was craving them. They are quite a bit of work :) If you haven't gone to Mrs. Miles blog, you can check it out here. There is always such wonderful inspiration on her blog. She has a gift for writing!

Be sure to tell those you love how much you love them and ask forgiveness of those you need to. We never know when our lives will suddenly change and we can no longer do that.

He is our peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home