Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Back home

It's good to be back home after a couple days away! There's just nothing like sleeping in your own bed! But, the retreat was wonderful and I think all the pastor's wives felt like princesses!! We were so spoiled by the good food and all the pretty decorations. I wasn't expecting anything like that over here. Some things were donated from the states and it was really a blessing! We even had Starbucks Christmas blend coffee which is my favorite!!!!! Yes, we were all joking that when people ask us about the conference it would be all about the food! And then my friend that lives at the bible college made me special coffee each day and had Coffee Mate flavored creamers!!! OK-so what's wrong with this picture-I am having the creamer and then all of a sudden I start thinking to myself-oh hey-I need to let Gina know I had Vanilla Nut Creamer---hello!!!! We don't even know each other!!!! I read her blog, I love her designs, and think she's a crack up, but I never met her and here I am at a pastor's wives retreat thinking about how I need to share this with her :) Too funny. If you don't understand the reference to Gina you need to read her blog and you will see that she loves these creamers so much she made a layout about it once lol!! You will enjoy it :)

Ok-so besides the great food, we had such a refreshing time. We were reminded of our calling as pastor's wives and even though most of us never dreamed this kind of life for ourselves, it is what God has called us to. And He equips us to do what He calls us to do. It's all about what He can do in us and through us-not what I can or can't do. It was neat to talk to the other wives and hear the struggles others face. Everyone goes through struggles and it's good to be reminded we are not alone in this race! The worship was beautiful!!! We could all sing in our own language. So, we had some people singing in English, some in Hungarian, some Serbian, it was so beautiful!! It was funny too because as we sang one of the songs I realized I didn't even know it in English, only in Hungarian. Funny how that happens after living in another country for some time.

If you read the post below you know we are going on a family cruise this summer. DH's parents are treating everyone-what a blessing!!! But I need to get some formal dresses and it's quite a challenge on our budget. I was looking at e*bay and found one I like so much so I checked again and noone is bidding on it yet and my husband said if it stays at the 20.00 price I can get it!!! Here's a picture of it:
Isn't it so pretty!! It's gold and says it's stretchy a bit. It's an XS which shouldn't be much of a problem. I am going to exercise starting tomorrow again and make sure it will be a good fit. I am a bit nervous about buying something without trying it on, but I think it will be ok. There was one other I liked but it was XXS and I don't think I can risk that. So, hopefully it will be a good fit :)
I gave some photos to my friend who has a scanner so I am hoping they turn out nice so I can make some layouts for my daughter from when she was little. I want to make a "Through the Years" book for her for graduation.

Well, I think I am going to check out the digi boards and see some layouts and get inspired again :)
Have a blessed Sunday :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

That's a really pretty dress. Hope you get it!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home